Kosofe hoodlums invade mile 12 in Lagos - OPID News

Our people in Diaspora News



Thursday, 6 May 2021

Kosofe hoodlums invade mile 12 in Lagos

 Kosofe hoodlums invade mile 12 in Lagos


Hoodlums, on Thursday, invaded Mile 12, in the Kosofe Local Government Area of Lagos State, causing mayhem and panic.

The incident which was made known in a viral video shared by a Twitter user showed residents and motorists fleeing for their lives as they sought safety.

Mile 12 on the run    

Rubbery going on      #mile12 #lagos pic.twitter.com/seNf0NcFn7

— Fidely Jay (@fidelyjay) May 6, 2021

 Another Twitter user, who recounted his ordeal, said: “I escaped mogging and robbery by some whiskers this morning, Boyz legit were robbing vehicles and pax this morning at Mile 12, the police were there …”.

from those boyz this morning, they numbered uncountable and having a field day … All of us pack our car and sought after safety …

So Sad …

— tẹnibẹgilójú ìgi àrùwé (@treetowersDleaf) May 6, 2021

However, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CAP Muyiwa Adejobi, has reacted to the Mile 12 crisis when he tweeted that normalcy has been restored and that Lagos police has deployed its men to take charge of the situation.

“Normalcy has been restored to Gengere, Mile 12 area of Lagos State following a fight that broke out between some hoodlums in the area. The command will give details soon..thanks..,” he tweeted.

 Operatives of the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad (RRS) on ground to restore normalcy in Mile 12 on Thursday.

Mile 12 Crises: Lagos Police Deploy Men,Take Charge*

Normalcy has been restored to Gengere, Mile 12 area of Lagos State following a fight that broke out between some hoodlums in the area. The command will give details soon..thanks..

Muyiwa Adejobi PPRO Lagos

— Adejobi Olumuyiwa (@Prince_Muyen) May 6, 2021

Fr. Mbaka reappears, says: 'I was detained because of Nnamdi Kanu'

Father Mbaka, Nnamdi Kani

The Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry, Fr. Ejike Mbaka said the Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese Most Rev Callistus Onaga was responsible for his “unexplained disappearance” and not the Department of State Services.

Mbaka was declared missing on Wednesday after he was not seen at the adoration ground without prior notice or explanation.

However, he later resurfaced and revealed a lot to the people who came out looking for him.

Mbaka said his unexplained disappearance was the handiwork of Bishop Onaga.

Mbaka said Bishop Onaga ordered him “to leave adoration ground, parish house and be on silence for 30 days” because he spoke in favour of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB, and many other issues.

According to a report by Vanguard newspaper, Mbaka said the planned 30-day detention later led to the attack on the official residence of the Bishop.

Mr Mbaka said, “if the bishop had listened to my pleas that they should allow him to go back to the adoration ground to attend a scheduled programme and then use the opportunity to inform the worshippers that he would be holding house prayers for 30 days, the destruction done to the property would not have happened.”

Mr Mbaka, however, thanked everyone who came out looking for him after he was ordered to go into isolation without prior announcement.

“I appreciate your patience, endurance, incomparable love, unquestionable solidarity and unique identification and commitment to God in this ministry.

“God will keep you, bless you and it shall be well with you. You people have been looking for me, look at me here,” Mr Mbaka told the crowd at his Adoration ground on Wednesday night.

“I wasn’t with my phone because I decided to go in to pray to avoid dissonance at that time.

“The miracle is that at the time I was with my phone calls were coming from here and there that you people were heading to Bishop’s court and Cathedral. Immediately I asked the group that I spoke with to ask you to go back. They insisted that they must see me otherwise they will not go. I spoke with them on video call but never knew they are over 47 groups.

“I thought that having blessed the first group that they have gone. It was at that moment that I started receiving calls. I told them I cannot go anywhere unless I hear from my Bishop.

“I thank God you have never attacked the wrong people. The DSS was not involved in what happened. But the Bishop gave an order that I should not come here from today. I should leave adoration house, parish house, that there will be no programme here for 30 days and I should stay silent for 30 days. So, I am telling you the truth of what happened.”

The priest said when the bishop learnt of the vandalisation that was going on he told him to go address the youth and take them to the adoration ground.

“When Bishop asked me to go and take you people back to Adoration, I asked him what happened now because you told me that I am going to stay away and silent for 30 days?

“Then, he said I should go first and tell you people to go because things are getting worst.

“This is why people should understand how God works. I never disobeyed the church. People are busy misquoting me, doing everything to close this ministry, but by the grace of God they cannot do anything”

Again, gunmen raze Anambra police station, kill two personnel

Raze police station

Police in Anambra has confirmed the killing of two of its personnel by unknown gunmen who attacked and razed the Divisional Police Station in Obosi, Idemili North of the state.

The attackers had after burning down the station, moved to the quarters where they killed the two personnel in the early hours of Thursday.

DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, the command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, confirmed the attack on Thursday.

Ikenga said the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Chris Owolabi had dispatched a tactical team for an on-the-spot assessment of the incident.

“The tactical team led by an Assistant Commissioner of Police was directed to have an on-the-spot assessment of the place.

“The team was equally told to possibly identify and apprehend the hoodlums that perpetrated the attack,” he said.

Ikenga said that the bodies of the two policemen had been deposited at a nearby morgue, adding that investigation into the matter had begun.

The Obosi police attack was the first of such incident since Owolabi took over from the immediate past CP, Mr Monday Kuryas.

No comments:

Post a Comment